Newport Outrigger Canoe Club
- This Agreement is valid only for the period of January 1, 2016 thru December 31, 2016.
- Each member must complete a membership application even when registering as a Couple or with multiple family members.
- The member must remain in good financial standing and comply with club rules and policies. Failure to abide by the Bylaws of Newport Outrigger Canoe Club (NOCC) is cause for immediate termination of this agreement and revocation of membership. If membership is revoked, member will not receive a refund of membership dues paid.
MEMBERSHIP RULES & POLICIES:
- Members shall complete all forms, waivers and agreements that are required by SCORA and NOCC.
- Members new to NOCC or transferring from any other SCORA clubs may be subject to obtaining a release signed by
transferring club’s President prior to joining NOCC.
- Members desiring to be released from NOCC shall obtain a release signed by Head Coach or President. No member may be
released if obligated to NOCC for any dues, equipment, or other charges.
- Members shall pay the full amount of required dues and deliver completed forms to the coach or club registrar.
- New members may participate in up to (3) three practice sessions. Thereafter, membership is due in full.
- NOCC Bylaws will be made available upon written request.
GENERAL RULES AND POLICIES
- Members are expected to obey the instructions, warnings and decisions of the Board of Directors, Executive Officers and/or Coaching Staff at all times, to be respectful of all club members, and to set good examples for future members.
- Members do not have use of canoes, paddles or other club-owned assets without express permission from coaching staff.
- Members are expected to take responsibility for NOCC equipment and site (e.g., ensuring that all the equipment is put away
properly and special care is taken to maintain the beautification of practice site).
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages & cigarette smoking are prohibited at practice site.
- The following behavior by a member may be cause for revocation of membership:
A. Providing coaching or other paddling-related instructions to another member or paddler without specifically being requested to do so by a member of the coaching staff.
B. Ignoring instructions of a Board member, executive officer, coach or steersperson that would otherwise subject the member or other members to danger, injury, or death, or damage to, or destruction of, club equipment.
C. Incidence of blatant or covert non-compliance with instructions and requests issued by a member of the coaching staff or steersperson.
Dues may be paid through the Newport Outrigger online store.
- Compete Paddlers: Dues include insurance, use of club equipment & site, race jersey, race fees for scheduled SCORA Ironman and Sprint races. Any additional race fees will be the responsibility of the individual paddler.
Non-Compete Paddlers: Dues include insurance, use of club equipment & site, designated paddling days.
- Parking is allowed in designated areas only.
- After Saturday, March 26th, 2016, dues must be paid in full by ALL active paddlers following a maximum of (3) three paddling sessions. Any who do not comply with this requirement will not be able to continue paddling until resolved.
- All returned checks will be assessed current bank fees.